12/24/2008

Sophisticated 2008

This year has been a more melodic and sophisticated year in the blogosphere. With artists like Ladyhawke, The Twelves, Anoraak, College and Pnau topping the download charts. Here are two of my favorites this year, of the more sophisticated releases. The first one is from the Brazilian guys in The Twelves. The duo is probably most famous for remixing The Virgins' track Rich Girls and The Black Kids remix. However, I don't think the remixes are even close to the quality of When You Talk which really sounds as dreamy and melodic as the western France stuff posted here on the Network.


The second track I decided to post is from Chateau Marmont. Chateau Marmont comes from Paris and is most famous for a wide range of remixes. For example the remix of Ladyhawke's My Delirium and the forthcoming remix of Swedish favorites Peter, Björn and John. This one right here reminds me of my teenage favorites Phoenix and is very well worth listening to.

0 kommenttia: