6/16/2007

Don't believe the hype


For me, Norton Antivirus products have always been like US Treasury notes - reliable with 100% protection and maturing in 12 months or so. Yesterday I spent a whole day realizing the truth isn't so. I trusted my properly updated Norton Antivirus so much that I attached an infected harddrive to my computer in order to save the important stuff from that hd. Results: 1 wreck and another infected machine. The Norton I had running on my computers did absolutely nothing to prevent the Recycler virus from copying itself to all attached drives and randomly rebooting or shutting down the system. I was really close to desperation until I installed a freeware antivirus software called Avast.

For those caking up my boy recommended this.

I'm too tired to list all the reasons why Norton sucks, for those interested check here. Though from 2k5 most of these anti-features still apply.

0 kommenttia: